Christiano Ronaldo is known for his exceptional fitness levels and ability to perform at high levels despite his age. It was known that his discipline and training regime are the ingredients to a strong physique. His recovery regime with ice baths and strict diet also plays a big part but are there secrets we may not know of? Do you know Christiano Ronaldo now owns a hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber for recovery?
Recently, it had been reported of his purchase of a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, not long after his return arrival back in Manchester United. Christiano and his medical team must have known of the benefits he could get from HBOT. Here’s what we found out about hyperbaric oxygen in relation to sports and muscle recovery.
Metabolism of lactic acid requires oxygen
Christiano is human after all. After exercises and football matches, he is bound to feel fatique in his muscles and experience lactic build-up. He can get into a Hyperbaric Cocoon as soon as he can, to supply his body with the oxygen it needs for the dissipation and natural metabolism of lactic acid.
Hyperbaric oxygen delivers more oxygen to deeper muscles
With the heightened pressure and increased delivery of oxygen, Christiano’s blood and its blood plasma is fully saturated with oxygen, providing the critical ingredient required for recovery. Time is critical too as professional footballers may only have 1-2 days for recovery. How many of us are still complaining on Mondays of aching muscles after just a 5-10km weekend jog?
Hyperbaric oxygen stimulates angiogenesis which is the production of new micro blood vessels
With constant use of HBOT, our body will grow and begin to experience positive changes. Angiogenesis begin to occur and our body is more capable to delivery oxygen to regions where it previously could not without hyperbaric oxygen. In addition, we feel more energised and even our telomeres lengthen which is a phenomenon of anti-aging.
- What is a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and how does it work for recovery?
- A hyperbaric oxygen cocoon delivers up to 95% oxygen at increased atmospheric pressure (up to 1.5ATA). This process allows your body to absorb more oxygen, which can promote healing and recovery.
- What conditions or injuries can hyperbaric oxygen therapy help with for recovery?
- HBOT is commonly used to aid in the recovery process and benefit athletes recovering from injuries or intense training. It helps tired muscles dissipate lactic acid by supplying oxygen for metabolism to occur.
- How does breathing oxygen under pressure promote recovery?
- Breathing pure oxygen at higher pressure hypersaturates your blood with oxygen. This enhanced oxygen delivery to tissues and cells can stimulate healing processes and reduce inflammation, helping the body recover more quickly.
- Is hyperbaric oxygen therapy safe for recovery?
- When used in coordance to safety and operation guidelines, HBOT is generally considered safe. However, it’s essential to consult with an O2genes expert to determine if cocooning is appropriate for your specific recovery or wellness needs.
- How long does a typical hyperbaric oxygen therapy session last?
- The duration of a session can vary but typically ranges from 60 to 90 minutes. The number of sessions required for recovery depends on the individual’s condition and treatment plan.
- What should I expect during a hyperbaric oxygen therapy session?
- Before the session, you’ll watch a short 3min safety video. Follow the safety guidelines and you’ll enjoy your hyperbaric cocoon session. As the pressure gradually increase, you should perform valsalva techniques to equalise your ears. Once the pressure stabilizes, you can relax, read, or use your phone. If you do need any assistance, our staff will be available to help you.
While Christiano Ronaldo owns a Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber for recovery, we found out that Neymar, along with many other professional athletes from other disciplines (tennis, basketball, american football,…) are also enjoying the benefits of hyperbaric oxygen. There must be something they and their medical teams know that we are unaware of. Chat with us to find out more!