Who is O2genes?
The types of personal information that we collect and process about you will depend on our relationship with you. It will include some or all of the following:
- General information about you: your name, title, gender, date of birth, contact details, passport or other identification details (which may include your image) and your answer to a security question (for example, your favourite colour)
- Contact details: such as phone number, address, email address, and social media handle
- Health information, including requests for specific assistance, in connection with your use of our products and services
- Payment details: such as details of your credit or debit card number and expiry date powered by Omise
- Your use of our products and services: such as hyperbaric oxygen, boost oxygen or pneumatic compression boots.
- Our interactions with you: such as any feedback, complaints, compliments, responses to market surveys, records of any correspondence and interactions with us and our staff (including in person, online, by telephone or email and via social media)
- Website: if you use our website, your geo-location, IP address, mobile telephone number or ID, and details of how you use the website and any third party sites that you have accessed from them
- My O2GENES accounts: your membership subscription details and details of your My O2GENES account.
- Incidents: details about any incidents that you are either involved in or that you witness, in connection with any of our products or services
Certain aspects of your personal information, for example details of your wellness level documentation, payment details and contact information, are required for many of our products and services and if you fail to supply such information as requested for specific services, we may be unable to provide you with the products and services in full.
Sensitive personal information
Under privacy laws, certain categories of personal information are considered particularly sensitive and therefore as needing additional protection. These categories include information about health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership or your sexual orientation. Sensitive information may also include genetic and biometric data. Information concerning criminal convictions and offences is also viewed as sensitive, for example, under European data protection law.
We may collect and handle your sensitive personal information, for example, when you request special assistance or if you tell us you have specific requirements relating to your religious beliefs.
We will ask you for your consent to handle this type of personal information, to the extent required under applicable laws, for example under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”) or the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How we collect personal information
How we collect personal information about you will depend on our relationship or interactions with you.
Directly from you
We mainly collect information directly from you, for example, when you use our website or social media, you call or write to us, we interact with you in person, such as when you use our products and services or participate in promotions.
There may be occasions when we collect information about you from someone else, such as:
- Partners of O2GENES
- When someone else books or purchases good or services on your behalf
- Our service providers
- Third parties that provide us with marketing leads
- Other O2GENES or business partners branded entities
- Businesses for whom we provide marketing and data analysis services
- Providers of third party websites, apps and social media platforms
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services: to verify your identity, to contact you about your bookings and subscriptions, to process payments, for quality assurance and training purposes, such as training our staff, managing our suppliers.
- For marketing purposes: to provide you with updates and offers, if you have chosen to receive these; to operate our competitions, promotions and events; to distribute our newsletters and other communications. We may also use your information for marketing O2GENES and our selected business partners’ products and services to you by post, email, SMS, phone and, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you.
- To provide customer support: to handle queries, complaints and claims.
- To operate and facilitate your participation in O2GENES products and services: if you have a O2GENES account, we will use personal information that we collect about you to ensure that you get the benefit of O2GENES’s and our partners’ programs, including to track your and record your usage of benefits. Partners of O2GENES, may also use your personal information to facilitate your participation in O2GENES products and services.
- To conduct market, consumer and other research: to improve our products, services and marketing activities, including our websites, and to generate consumer insights that help us to market more efficiently and to be more relevant to you.
- To ensure website content is relevant: including to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, which may include automated decision making and passing your data to business partners, suppliers and/or service providers.
We may also combine the information that we collect and hold about you.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with:
- goods and services that you have bought through us or that we provide to you
- the operation of, and your participation in, O2GENES products and services
- the operation of, and your participation in, your O2GENES account
- our legal obligations, responding to complaints and claims, investigating any activity that we suspect to be fraudulent
- your interest in our securities
- Partners participating in our O2GENES programmes to allow you to receive offers and benefits in O2GENES programmes
- Operators of other programs and clubs to allow you to receive offers and benefits in their programmes and clubs
- Various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments around the world and their service providers
- Such other third parties mentioned in the “How we use your personal information” section above
In addition to the above third parties, we may use service providers for the services listed below, many of whom handle your personal information on our behalf.
- Billing and payment processing, including detecting fraudulent or suspicious bookings
- Market research and analysis
- Marketing, printing and distribution (including mailing and email) services
- Information technology services such as data storage, communication networks, software and system development, maintenance and support, incident investigation and resolution, and information processing, analysis and reporting
- Investigating and responding to incidents
We may disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, respond to complaints and claims, and investigate and protect ourselves and third parties against any activity that we reasonably suspect to be fraudulent. We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments around the world and their service providers in connection with their investigations, screening or other functions.
O2GENES.com uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website or to fully experience the interactive features of the O2GENES services or websites you visit.
How we hold information and keep it secure
We strive to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Unfortunately, no internet-based service is completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures notified to you. We require that you do not disclose your passwords to anyone else.
Privacy complaints and further information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us at admin@O2genes.com
We will treat your complaints confidentially. Our staff will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired, or to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data. When personal data is no longer needed, we either securely destroy it, or irreversibly anonymise the data (and we may further retain and use the anonymised information).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not opting in when we invite you to participate in our marketing activities. You can also exercise the right by contacting us at admin@O2genes.com to opt out subsequently.
Our Contact Details
If you have any questions about privacy, please contact us at admin@O2genes.com