What is Insomnia?
Insomnia is a sleep disorder that makes it difficult to fall asleep or stay asleep. Individuals who suffer from insomnia may also find themselves waking up too early but are unable to fall back asleep. Sufferers of this sleep disorder often experience low energy levels and find quality of life being significantly impacted. in this guide how Getting Over Insomnia With Oxygen to improve sleep quality.
What are some symptoms of insomnia?
Individuals with insomnia may suffer with:
- Memory issues & trouble with thinking and concentration
- Sleep helps our brain form connections that help us process and remember new information. Lack of sleep can negatively impact both long and short term memory.
- Concentration, creativity & cognitive abilities aren’t able to function as well without sufficient rest
- Having issues with memory and concentration can impact one’s performance at work or at school.
- Mood changes
- Lack of sleep can make us moody, irrational, sensitive and quick-tempered.
- Poor balance & Accidents
- Not having sufficient rest can affect our reaction speed. Slowed reaction time while driving may lead to higher risks of accidents.
- Lack of sleep affects your balance and coordination, causing you to be more prone to falls and accidents
- Weakened immunity
- Increased risk and severity of long-term diseases or conditions, such as high blood pressure and heart disease
- Mental health disorders, such as depression, an anxiety disorder or substance abuse
Can Insomnia be Cured without Medication?
Maybe not entirely… but with the Cocoon by O2genes, you may see improvements without having to take excessive medication. Getting Over Insomnia with Oxygen may just be your natural cure for better sleep!
The Cocoon by O2genes is a Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber (mHBOT). Oxygen levels and pressure in the Cocoon is 40% higher than sea level. This wellness tool that immerses individuals in high levels of oxygen ensures that oxygenated blood is circulated all around our body. In high pressured oxygenated environments, our tissues are flushed with high levels of oxygen and we are able to enjoy benefits such as increased metabolism, higher energy levels, faster recovery, and more!
Everyone’s oxygen levels in the blood are lower during sleep, due to a mildly reduced level of breathing. Also, some alveoli drop out of use during sleep. When a person isn’t getting enough oxygen, all organs of the body can be affected, especially the brain, heart and kidneys. There is evidence that, for people who are hypoxemic, supplemental oxygen improves quality of life, exercise tolerance and even survival. Supplemental oxygen can also help relieve your symptoms. You may feel relief from shortness of breath, fatigue, dizziness and depression. You may be more alert, sleep better and be in a better mood. You may be able to do more activities such as travelling, including travelling to high altitudes. (Cited in: Health, n.d.)
How Getting Over Insomnia With Oxygen improve sleep level
In the case of insomnia, the University of Alberta Neuroscientists found that when an individual is exposed to high levels of oxygen, it encourages their brain to remain in deep, restorative sleep. Deep sleep helps our brains and bodies with recovery as well as memory consolidation. On the other hand, when we are exposed to less oxygen, our brains remain in rapid-eye movement (REM) sleep. Oxygen therapy like the cocoon could be used to enhance deep sleep to ensure that individuals who tend to suffer from insomnia get enough restorative and slow-wave sleep. (University of Alberta, 2018)
Besides the lack of oxygen, there are also other factors that may result in insomnia. Together with the help of the cocoon, it is also good to note that other parts of our day-to-day life can affect our quality of sleep. So, you understand well how Getting Over Insomnia With Oxygen to improve sleep quality.